Please select the social network you want to share this page with:
Hello world! Please change me in Site Preferences -> This Category/Section -> Lower Description Bar
Al has regularly appeared on international comedy stages from Seychelles and Mauritius to sophisticated venues in London, UK. He has entertained audiences in Dubai and Abu Dhabi and worked in Windhoek, Maputo, Gaborone Zambia and Uganda at home on the African continent.
Al achieved notable success as a finalist at the Yuk Yuks Great Canadian Laugh Off (2007), an international comedy competition in Toronto with thousands of entrants from around the world. Al won all the way through to the grand final, the last round of 8 comics. He is the only non-Canadian act to have made it to the big clincher.
In 2002, Al hosted the comedy festival, “Stand up South Africa” in London and won excellent reviews for his hilarious explanation of his homeland to intrigued international spectators and homesick expatriates alike.
When legendary US comedian, Steven Wright toured South Africa, Al Prodgers was chosen to support him in Cape Town.
South African Events
- Al regularly performs on major stages throughout South Africa, including the 2010 Vodacom Funny Festival in the Baxter Theatre Concert Hall, Cape Town.
- In 2008, Al featured on the Johannesburg Arts Alive Festival comedy bill. He has performed in this hugely popular event every year since 2005.
- He thrilled the crowd at the 94.7/Rapport Raw Rocks Festival in the Sun City Super Bowl this year.
- He’s been a regular at the Smirnoff International Comedy Festival and has had successful solo shows at the Grahamstown Festival Fringe.
- Al is a popular feature at the King Size Comedy Jams in major centers around the country.
- In 2006, he flew the flag in Durban at the East Coast Radio Comedy Invasion Tour with visiting Australian and British comics.
- Al presented, FuelDuel, a reality show broadcast on Mindset Learn, DSTV.
- Al co-hosted the SABC 3 actuality program, Zooming in on Men.
- His performance at the Yuk Yuks Great Canadian Laugh Off was filmed for the highly rated channel, “The Comedy Network” and viewed across North America.
- Other appearances include Comedy Showcase and The Barry Hilton Show as well as an ongoing comic character (Maxime) on Africa’s most watched soapy, Generations.
- For variety, he also played a homicidal maniac on Isidingo.
- Most recently, Al undertook a national, 5-city tour to launch Cadbury’s Local & Lekker chocolate.
- He also entertained delegates from more than 27 countries at the Coca Cola East African Bottlers Conference.
- Al is an experienced emcee for multi-day conferences. Blue chip clients include Edcon/CNA and Volkswagen South Africa.
- He has worked for market leading communications companies such as The Blue Moon Company and VWV.
Sqhazolo Ntsika - Edit
Piet Potgieter - Edit
Neil Green Social
Marcus Ryan - Edit
Jessica Michelle Singleton
Gavin Lind 1
Carvin H Goldstone
IRIT NOBLE_COMEDY DIVA (12)-1
Dusty Rich Headshot
poster headshots (3)
Andrew Magic Man
Francois van As
Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
Chester Conrad smaller
Carl Joshua Ncube
Bennet Arron 2
Michael Mittermeier 09_(c)photo by ManfredBaumann.com
Phil de Lange
The Brothers Streep
Gareth Woods - glasses
Kagiso Mokgadi (KG)
Dalin sm 3
Martin Davis Social
Stuart Cairns 3
Tatz Nkonso 1
Deep Fried Man
Shaun Fickling - Picture
John Vlismas copy
Liam Bento 1
Dillan Oliphant 1
Mojak Lehoko 1
Brent Palmer 1
Angel Campey 1
Mary Scary (Rhys Woods)
Rhys Woods (Mary Scary) 1
Nelson de Gouveia
Kellyn Coetzee 1
Bradford Keen 2
Anne Hirsch 1